Sunday, May 25, 2008

odd day

Today has been quite strange, not least because I started off by being alone and going to St Peter's for the last time on my own. It was a lovely service and I got quite emotional saying goodbye - they gave me a the lovely ordination stole which I had asked Ann to make for me and some very useful books. I had got quite used to St Peter' and have appreciated the support of the vicar - Jenny Low. She really has been great for me and I will miss her.

After I got back I had a spot of lunch and then had to go off to get Eva from Badminton - I took Elise and Wayne with me because when I dropped Eba off we got stuck in the mud and I needed moral support. Eva had had a lovely time, she was completely pooped and all she wanted to do was eat and got to sleep. However, the reality of an early night was slightly different - it has take her ages to calm down and get off. So here I am thinking another day has past and I haven't got much revision done. I am starting to feel I am going to have to go into this exam a little more stressed than I had hoped. Anyway, I had better get back onto looking at the sacraments.

By the way - I was well peeved at the Eurovision result yesterday. I deciced having seen al the acts that I liked Israel and Denmark best (with Sweden next - but actually she was too strange for me to fully plump for in the end) I had a smidgen of respect for Russia but I have no idea why Uk came so low down - surely Spain (who got booed) didn't deserve to do better than us? Anyway, I have to say I don't know what to think about it all...will we ever be liked in Europe again? Are we such social pariahs that we can not even make it off the bottom 3? Very disappointed indeed! Hey ho.

No comments: