Saturday, May 31, 2008

not much to say about exams and the like

I have my family back. They returned home last night. It is great to have them back, I hadn't realized how much I'd missed them. Having said that I couldn't get to sleep for ages after they'd got back and ended up staying up watching a documentary about The Who and eating crisps until very late. This morning has been a bit tough as a result. Eva didn't wake up until 10am (so I was spared the early morning call of "Muuuuum, can I watch TV? I'm hungry!") Mark is at Snappy Snapps (his last Saturday). So, Eva and I have been lounging about - some clergy shirts arrived this morning (I think I look like a bit pudding but Eva says "they're beautiful" The puffy sleeves are stupid and my need resewing).

I have to do a bit of exam revision today (just a little each day is going in like small pippet of knowledge into a big bucket of irrelevant ideas - my head is awash with irrelevance, knowledge is struggling to survive). I feel I have little hope of being sane by Tuesday. Exam stress is taking on comedic characteristics - slurred speech, comedy wind, the eating of weird combinations of food, forgetfulness and sleeping with the light on holding chamomile tea. I will be so happy at 1pm Tuesday. This stupid, mean, torturous exam will be over.

Anyway, I am off to the shops to buy a duvet and take the car to the car wash.

2 comments:

John H said...

It'll all be alright on the night, er, I mean the morning. Hang on in there.

Anonymous said...

Well? Happy? Hope it went well?

take care

simon