Monday, May 19, 2008

Baptists

You may well know that Trinity college is 'in a relationship' with the Baptist College (they call it a Federation - which is another way of saying they love each other very much but there is no kissing). Well, the Baptists are great! I say this because I have just read a book about the way they do church, what they think is important and general stuff about the way they developed their theology of church and I found myself being very sympathetic to their decisions. Don't worry I am not turning Baptist but I can see why my family were congregationalists...whilst not the same as Baptists their self-governance and commitment to mission is particularly compelling. I am an Anglican through and through (cut me in half and "CofE" is written round my inside) but I think I am a Baptist sympathizer.

On another subject altogether. It is 3 weeks till we move! A fact that slightly disturbed me today and I got stress tummy. I wonder if my study in the vicarage will look like this:




another fab cartoon (click on it and it gets bigger) by Dave Walker who now is writing the Church Times Blog. Genius at work.

No comments: