Friday, May 16, 2008

last academic board

Every day I seem to face a new 'last thing'. Today it was academic board. In my past life I was also on academic board as a senior academic but it was quite a different experience - it was hostile and unforgiving, you had to watch your back, be on top form and watch out for aggressive tactics from other departments (and sometimes those in your own). Being on academic board at Trinity is so far removed from my previous experiences that it has almost (but not quite) restored my faith in such assemblies. It is possible to approach the rough and tumble of academic disciple without it being at the cost of others. I can't actually believe that I will miss it...what a geek!

Anyway, we have a busy family weekend ahead - my mum's here and we have everyone coming over on Sunday for lunch. Another 'last thing' = the last time we will all be together as a family in Bristol. I might need tissues.

No comments: