Sunday, April 27, 2008

weekend

Having a rubbish weekend last time it is only fair that this one was a blinder. Friday night I polished off a bottle of white wine that was sitting about and watched some bits and bobs of catch-up tv. Not that there's much to catch-up at the moment - I am enjoying the medieval stuff on BBC4 but a lot of it is very ponderous and poncy, some of it good and much of it less informative than it pretends to be. Anyway, I caught up and crashed out - I was very very tired (it has been a bit of a week).

Saturday was great - we had Liz H's baby shower at ours. I am not sure that it was a conventional baby shower as it was more like a relaxing tea party in the garden with scones, tea, cucumber sandwiches and more cake than can be imagined - pictures to follow! It was lovely having people round, chilling out, telling stories and having a laugh. can't believe that come August both Liz and Elise will have small babies! Wow. What an amazing thing that is!

We are still eating cake today...I had some for breakfast (is that wrong, especially on a Sunday!?). A baptism at church - which was lovely. Actually the whole service was cracking. St Peter's is really coming alive for me again - I can't analyse that at the moment so I will have to get back to it at some point. Anyway, we went to the Wheelers for lunch which was a real treat. Fab food including a very nice pudding (chocolate fudge cake with raspberries - yum yum) a great tour of their new house - which is pretty impressive - on 3 levels including 3 toilets and a chapel! What more could you ask for? They have kindly lent us their roof box for Andrew and Julian's wedding so we will be able to get the tent in the car - phew!

After Eva went to bed Mark and I watched the first series of Gavin and Stacey and ate a rather appropriate omelette (cheese and ham). Perfect end to a lovely weekend.

- I have just realised that this is a rather food driven post (hey ho)!

1 comment:

Tracey Wheeler said...

How lovely to be part of your 'blinder of a weekend'! Am now pondering on how omelette with chocolate and raspberries might taste...