Saturday, April 19, 2008

big feet

I have spent the day putting my feet in it...by 'it' I mean pretty much everything metaphorical you can think of. But no real poo.

I have not been able to put a foot right all day.
Everything I say seems to upset someone.

I am not writing this because I feel sorry for myself or misunderstood but because I am sure each of us has managed to be this much of a klutz at some point? Perhaps my foolishness will serve as a warning or a comfort or just be an opportunity for ridicule? Whatever, but if you can be of some comfort to me and say you have been unable to be discrete, generous with words, appeasing, uncritical, and humble at some point and managed to recover that would be great. It would be so much of a comfort to know that there are others who can't manage to be passremarkable...

Even if I am alone in my bigfootedness I am going to have to bear a lonely dinner and an even more lonely evening of silence as this is I think the only way of ensuring that I don't hurt anyone else's feelings. For my sins I am most truly sorry.

I am leading the intercessions in church tomorrow so can only hope that the morning will bring a fresh start and a new day of joy and loveliness.

1 comment:

blue hands said...

You are definitely not alone! My best is the one when I have been listening sympathetically, feeding back feelings and generally being a good friend/wife/mother/egg. Then a silence falls and I feel something more is required of me. Then I hear myself uttering some appeasing nonsense, which I can immediately see is open to misinterpretation, so I have to explain that I didn't mean that and gradually dig myself in deeper and deeper so that my comfortee is no-longer comforted and I feel like a damn fool.

Hope your evening wasn't too lonely.

Moira