Thursday, April 24, 2008

up the workers

The teachers (the NUT) are on strike today. Not everyone will be on strike but even those who don't will be happy enough to take the pay rise should the strike succeed. Nobody chooses to lose a day's pay unless they feel the reasons for such action is valid and I have a great deal of sympathy for their decisions. That said I have not been very happy about the decision I made to take Eva into college today. She has found it very difficult to live by my college bound disciplines and I have found it challenging to deal with her dissatisfaction. I have realised that college is quite a demanding environment - demanding of my time, my affection, my patience, concentration etc etc and that having a small person about whilst trying to maintain those demands has not been very easy. Sharing me and college has not been great for poor Eva. I am not the best mum in the world here!

Anyway, the day is nearly over and nobody has got hurt. We are off home in a minute and will have a lovely time chilling out for a few hours before Mark and I go out to meet Bob and Sue. They have come down from Liverpool on their way to Cornwall. We are off to see Billy Bragg tonight - which I am excited about. So, best get off and have a nice time in the sun.

No comments: