Tuesday, April 29, 2008

two things

I have been busy dealing with a migraine and writing an essay over the last 48hrs. Not a happy combination but 'thems the shakes'. I have managed to get a draft of the essay despite the headache and am now in a position to say that I have written all my Trinity college essays and only have an nasty exam to go.

So, just two pieces of action that you might like to engage with. The first is a Avaaz petition to the UN. I received this email from three people today and rather than sending it on I will print it here and you can take whatever action you feel appropriate:

I'm sure you've heard about the world food crisis in the news. Some 100 million people from the continent of Africa are likely to die of starvation if nothing is done. The UN have responded in part but more is needed. You can read a report here

If you want to sign a petition which will be given to G8, UN, and EU
leaders, then click this link.

This video is a Food crisis appeal from Sierra Leone foreign minister




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other is a pop related link. You can vote for your Most Musical City by choosing your favourite from the ten nominated cities on the Take it Away website. I voted for Liverpool (of course).

No comments: