Tuesday, March 18, 2008

busy doing nothing



Sometimes you have days that don't really have much going on, when you feel a general sense of unease - like there is something you should be doing but no really knowing what it is. Days when you chat but don't really get to the point, when you have less time that you thought, when even the easiest of tasks allude you. Well today is that sort of day for me. But it has been quite good to just be: I had coffee with a load of friends I hadn't seen for a week and just talked about not very much at all. I don't think I am going to get through today and have it marked out as a high achieving day but I think that is ok. I think I am very hard on myself, trying to make everyday count and forgetting to sometimes just spend time with people and not put the pressure on for it all to have meaning. So, I must get back to being. I am going to sit and eat cake with my daughter, watch some TV and plan tea.

No comments: