Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter weekend

I have been so busy doing nothing that I haven't been able to blog. Friday we went to some standing stones at Stanton Drew and had a pub lunch (Joe, Harriet, Elise, Amy, Mark, Eva and I). It was really nice to have everyone together for the day. Even though I couldn't get anyone to go to church (standing stones was the best I could do!) I did get to spend some time thinking about Jesus - it can be a bit lonely being the only fully signed up card carrying Christian in the family, particularly on holy days. hey ho.

Saturday was one of those days where you sit about talking to people who come round visiting. Clare and Jessica came down from Liverpool to visit for a few hours (they were on their way to see Clare's mum). So, we had a good chat and drank tea. After they went on their way Becky came over for tea and chat and we had a brief spell in Cribbs getting Eva a cotton jumper because her eczema is bad and she needs to avoid man made fibres (why they are called man made fibres I don't know - I imagine they are made by women or children in sweat shops!!!).

Sunday I got to church with Eva - Hallelujah He is Risen! Elise and Amy are staying here for a few days and the house was full again. Everyone went out to watch the football (can't believe Liverpool lost 3-0 but hey ho!). I had to stay in because Eva had a friend over. So, I cooked roast beef and made a lemon and rasberry cake - yum yum! I was able to break my wine fast which was very exciting but I was so tired that when I eventually had a drink, at about 6.30pm, it made me so drowsy that I was asleep on the sofa by 10pm.

I have a headache this morning. This is one of the downsides to drinking. But I am out of practice having not had a drop all through lent (apart from communion wine!). I didn't even have very much and I feel like my body is rebelling. I am still in bed and thinking about a 2nd sleep. Mark, Eva and Elise are off to Hobbicraft to get some picture frames. I think a bit of food and an extra sleep is in order. I love bank holidays.

3 comments:

Stephen Donnan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephen Donnan said...

Poor Liverpool. I'm not happy about that...

Seems like you had a good Easter (can Easter be 'good' for card-carrying Christians?).

Give my love.

Ellen Loudon said...

ta Stephen
xxx