Saturday, March 15, 2008

back in Bristol

Having had a very good few days in Liverpool we are now back in Bristol...and it is raining (again). Well, while we were in Liverpool we got a lot done. We went to our new house and had a useful meeting with the diocesan housing officer and I think things are now in hand - hopefully all the jobs that need doing will be done by the time we move in. Mark and I also had a good meeting with a friend of ours who is doing a big local history arts project from the Park Palace music hall/cinema building on Mill Street, Liverpool 8. I have been asked to be part of the project - running a week long music hall workshop from the building. I am very excited about the project and it will be a useful addition to my performance as research work in relation to my PhD. Even though this is a different music hall it is a contemporary of the Pavilion. I am hoping that the project will take place in June just after I get back but before I start my curacy. If not I will have to do the research, set up the project and then hand it over to someone else. Just have to hope it all comes together...

In keeping with the music hall theme I have chosen a clip of Count Arthur Strong doing a little act at the Music Hall Meltdown which happened last year. Enjoy.



No comments: