Sunday, March 16, 2008

lazy sunday

What a lazy day. I have been struggling fighting a cold all day so spent much of it in bed or thereabouts. But, I think I might have beaten it because I am feeling much better as I am just about to get back into the beautiful bed again. Eva has been out with her friends all day and I have watched tv, cleaned about a bit, read and slept. I had to go to the shops for some food but other than that it really has been a very lazy day. Just what I needed after a busy few days in Liverpool. On of the things I have been up to is listening to my Larry Norman CD which arrived in the post while I was in Liverpool. Larry Norman died 24th Feb 2008 and I wanted to reacquaint myself with his work. It has been a strangely moving re-awakening of my youthful exuberance and love of Christian music. I don't have the same feelings for many Christian artists these days - old a cynical, finding hard to find anything with a bit edginess. Whatever it is Larry Norman had it - as he said "why should the Devil have all the good music'. Here are a few Norman youtube videos. Enjoy.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ellen

New to your blog (and blogging full stop) and love it. How do you get the time?

I don't know whether you've written about it anywhere but would love to read about your journey to Trinity. I'd be really interested to read anything on that transition from 'secular' employment to training for ordination... discernment etc. If you have, can you send me the link.

Not quite sure of the blogging etiquette or how I see your reply. I'm guessing you'll just blog it. Or I could just send you my email address?
Thanks Ellen

Take care
Simon

Ellen Loudon said...

Hi Simon
thanks for your encouraging comments. I wonder how you found me etc?
You could look at past posts to see the 'Trinity College story' as far - I started this blog in order to make a public record of my time at college. I have tried to be as honest as I can about it all. As the pre-trinity journey goes I haven't written that yet. Though I could make that my Easter holiday writing project. If you post your email address I can contact you.

As for finding the time. I have discovered that writing this blog has in many ways saved me time. I am a muller and a think-to-mucher - if I blog I find I record my thoughts and then can stop and move on to the next thing. Why don't you have a go and see what happens...
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Cheers Ellen

I found you by googling something like 'Curate Blog' I think.

Here's my mail address simonblyth@msn.com. Drop me a line if you get a minute. There are some bits of our biographies that are similar... academic 'career', PhD, Christianity....

Didn't mean to add further writing commitments to your Easter holiday .... more of an 'on the off chance'.

Cheers

Take care
simon