Thursday, November 01, 2007

curacy




This is St Peter's Church, Everton











This is the vicarage where we will be living (current curate is standing at her front door!)















This is St John Chrysostom Church, Everton











While we were in Liverpool we confirmed a number things and spent some time meeting people from the churches where I am going to be curate next year. You may well have picked up that the curacy was sorted in August but as these things are complicated and the system of confirmation of posts is such that it has been tricky to officially let you know about it. But, I think it is safe to let the cat out of the bag now. We are very excited about he prospect of being back in Liverpool and living in Everton - we have not ever lived in this part of town and in this sort of environment. But we relish the thought of being there and are looking forward to it. My new boss (the Vicar) is Henry Corbett is great. He and his wife Jane have been very supportive and helpful. The fact that they care so much about the community, Everton and social justice is impressive.

So, more of the bits of this plan come together over the last few days - sorting out a school for Eva - St Margaret's C of E school, Everton, meeting local people as Henry's future colleague and thinking about moving into the house that Debbie currently lives in. It seems a long way away but also frighteningly imminent. I am still here doing this training but I am also getting ready to be somewhere else. It is a tricky situation to be in and one that I must keep clear headed about. Make the most of opportunities here and not lose focus of what I am doing in the here and now.

...talking of which I feel I have jet lag (and Liverpool is only 250miles away) - we got in at 1am this morning and I have been getting my head round the trip all day. I am a bit fuzzy in the head and need to get to bed - if only to stop this day and get ready for the next one! Tomorrow will begin with a new focus on getting down to working hard on Trinity College matters and enjoying the moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!!

Anonymous said...

how exciting - its great to start getting things sorted - only 8 months to go!
lisa (elliott)