Sunday, November 04, 2007

ken dodd on songs of praise


I don't usually watch Songs of Praise but tonight was an exception. The thought of seeing the Bishop of Liverpool and Ken Dodd on the same show, in the same room and nearly on the same couch was enough to keep me tuned in. I can tell you that it was one of the most entertaining TV shows I have seen for quite some time (Strictly Come Dancing apart). It was a tribute to Ken on his 80th birthday. Ken was on top form (so was the Bishop) and he sang two songs (Ken not the Bishop) - the Footprints songs which was filmed on Formby Beach with the sea out (so no sea to been seen) and Happiness accompanied by a gospel choir and assorted children from the Cathedral Choir. It was one of the most extra-ordinary things I have ever seen on the BBC. If you missed it you really should try to watch it on catch up. If anyone records it could I have a copy.

I have tried to look for a recording of the show on youtube but there really isn't very much Doddy stuff on there at all. This is the best I could do. Here is Ken with Dickie Mint...

No comments: