Saturday, November 10, 2007

weekend

It is Saturday again! Where did the week go?
Monday - catching up with essay stuff, reading and adm' - thoug I didn't get as much done as I had hoped!
Tuesday - went to chapel in college at 8.40am then to a Conference - The Estate We're In - organised by the National Estate Churches Network in Avonmouth. It was a great day but very tiring. The keynote speaker was Rebecca Tunstall, London School of Economics, author of 25 years on 20 Estates: Turning the Tide? which is available at the Joseph Rowtree website. It was very useful and inspiring to meet people who are working on estates and catch their vision for the spirituality of such places.
In the evening I had a lecture - on Ethics, a new course I started this week - which continues until Christmas. So, didn't get home until 10pm.
Wednesday - college all day and I led chapel in the evening, my pastoral group tutor was leading communion and I deaconed. I think I did alight, not too many mistakes. Had tea at college and home by 8pm
Thursday - in for chapel at 8.40am, a new course on Romans in the morning, some time off in the afternoon then in for another lecture in the evening. back home by 10pm.
Friday - in chapel for 8.40am, Homiletics in the morning, then course board in the afternoon. Home by 6pm - earliest this week and the first time since Monday I saw Eva before bed!
Saturday - I took Mark to work this morning at 8.30am, Eva to dancing at 10.30am, done soem flower arranging in church and been to see Jenny Low. This afternoon I have been sorting stuff out for visitor tomorrow. I am in need of some time out really but don't know when that will happen. I have tried to do too much again and am feeling a bit worse for wear. I might make it as far as Strictly Come Dancing but to be honest I could quite happily go to bed now. So, a cup of tea and a cake and see what happens next...

No comments: