Saturday, November 17, 2007

mix up with blogs

sorry to post the 24 thing twice. I thought I was posting it to the Wholly Trinity Blog but got mixed up. It was a bit of a crazy day yesterday and I have to say my brain was frazzled by the end of it. I had led pastoral group prayers first thing then had to preach on Ruth 1 at 11am. I also had a bit of a meltdown because I am working so hard but my brain isn't behaving itself. I keep getting words mixed up, I a being clumsy and forgetful which is usually a sign that I am not coping with stuff. My dyslexic symptoms kick in and my poor old brain starts shutting down a bit (probably why I got the posting mixed up). It is difficult to know what to do when this happens - sometimes it is best to just rest it, not let it have any more information, not read or watch serious tv or radio 4 - if I take this approach I find that pulp tv, loud pop music and white wine are good medicine. The other approach is to fight the symptoms and keep on with the academic discipline. Seeing as I had been pushing through the week and it had only got worse I went for the first option and sat in watching the 'pudsey bear show' with Elise's granny Roselene, we chewed the cud put the world to rights and I had a little cry.

I am trying to rest this weekend. Not going to make my brain do very much and hope that my monday it has started functioning at a reasonable level again. So, I must go now because even this is making my head hurt.

No comments: