Wednesday, August 08, 2007

i fought the law

I can't believe how things turn on a pin. Particularly feelings. I came back from my holidays, had a great time in Liverpool, was feeling really optimistic. Then last night I read through the days 3,000 words and felt truly wrung out. I feel like I am not winning the fight to write this phd. I have worked so hard all summer and I feel like it is never going to get done.

I had a wave of freedom the other day. I was putting Eva to bed and I thought 'when this phd is done I will just be able to get on with my life, it will be over and I won't have it hanging over me any more. It won't steal any more of my time, my thinking or my feelings.' But, I can't see the end at the moment.

When all else fails listen to the Clash...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are winning, you have done LOADS of work.

Anything I can do to help?