Thursday, January 25, 2007

missing college - strangely thawed

I am at home today with a little cold. I am feeling like I am missing out on college. I tried to do common worship morning prayer on my own but it was a bit sad and lonely. It is cold and I have a fuzzy head. Anyway, today's psalm was psalm 147 which contains this:

16He sends forth his command to the earth
and his word runs very swiftly.

17He gives snow like wool
and scatters the hoarfrost like ashes.

18He casts down his hailstones like morsels of bread;
who can endure his frost? R

19He sends forth his word and melts them;
he blows with his wind and the waters flow.


Which speaks to me in many ways - obviously about the inclement weather - but also about when things feel bound up, frozen and static God sends his word to melt these things away. Which is exactly what this passage has done. Although I feel crap and out of touch in my bed at home I also feel strangely connected to people because I know they read these words today.

I am doing some reading about Revelation. Which is interesting. I am also reading Heat magazine. Just to keep it in the mix! I hope I don't get the two mixed up...

4 comments:

John H said...

Oh I dunno, I think mixing the two up could be very exciting!

bigdaddystevieB said...

hope you're feeling better soon...and for the psalm extract. Yes, I agree with your "strangely connected" comment.

St. Claire of Toxteth said...

Am so sorry you poorly. love you loads x

Simon said...

Nothing like reading a bit of Revelation when you're feeling crap!!

Hope you're feeling better now.