Monday, January 29, 2007

Bruce Cockburn

I have been thinking about Bruce a lot since the London trip last week. Although I am still feeling pretty rubbish - I now have antibiotics - I want to cheer up. Perhaps it is just the January blues but I am feeling quite melancholic. Anyway, to cheer myself up I want to share this with you. It is not really a video - because there are no images, just the lyrics scrolling down the page. But, nevertheless it is a beautiful song and it made me cry (a little bit).

4 comments:

St. Claire of Toxteth said...

It is so pretty. I did shed a tear!
i think am over emotional at the moment!x

John H said...

Thanks for reminding me of this. It's my favourite Bruce Cockburn song ever. It's a song brimming over with hope for new beginnings, new journeys and clearer vision about what's important in life. A good song for January in fact.

Ellen Loudon said...

you're right. I love it. I might try again to learn how to play it. That will keep me amused for a while.

Simon said...

Hadn't heard of Bruce before, but just heard last night that my vicar is a big fan. He went to see him somewhere last Wednesday, and was raving about it. Will have to check him out...