Sunday, February 03, 2008

weekend




Liturgically accurate purple hair!









Our little trip to that London was a great success. Mark and I really needed some time away together on our own - something we didn't realise we needed until we were o the train and chitter chattering about all the stuff that's been going on and our future plans. The show was very funny and it was good to see Terry (Kilkerry) Titter making an appearance as Malcolm. I really properly laughed out loud which I feel I haven't done for ages. Mark and I went out for a mighty fine curry after and I got hiccups.

Our hotel was very comfortable and once I had my earplugs in I slept like a log (until the fire alarm went off in the morning - it was a false alarm but I was alarmed!). Saturday was spent walking about in the sunny cold London day. We went to the National portrait gallery, to Covent Garden and just potterd about until we got the train back at 3.15pm. Back for tea and to see Eva before bed.

Today I slept quite a lot, went to Sainsbury's (I don't usually like shopping on Sunday but seeing as yesterday was taken up and we had no food in for the week so it was a bit necessary). Then I went to Candlemass at St Peter's which was quite hectic but well worth the effort. Jenny had prepared a great service and it was good to see a few children there. I played the guitar and generally helped out - mainly on naughty boy monitoring duty. We changed the vestments to purple for lent (at least my hair now reflects liturgical colours).

We have roast beef for dinner and I need an early night. The wind is blowwing hard outside and I am looking forward to Antiques Roadshow - I think I am getting old!

1 comment:

John H said...

Glad you have fun, and will expect a new hair colour at Easter ;)