Friday, February 01, 2008

count arthur strong 2

Tonight Mark and I are off to That London to see Count Arthur Strong at the Arts Theatre. This is Mark's birthday treat and we have been looking forward to it for ages. I really need to get away so I am very excited. I have had a very tricky week - Got an essay back and was disappointed with the mark, just feel like I am not getting much feedback on how I am getting on, feel a bit on the edge of things and have so much to do that it is a bit overwhelming. I know I have been here before and that it comes good in the end but this sort of spiritual burn out is very painful and I hate feeling disconnected from God. It creates a strong yearning and confusion. I understand how the Psalmist must have felt when he wrote Psalm 86:

Incline your ear, O Lord, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
Preserve my life, for I am devoted to you;
save your servant who trusts in you.
You are my God; be gracious to me, O Lord,
for to you do I cry all day long.
Gladden the soul of your servant,
for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
abounding in steadfast love to all who call on you.
Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
listen to my cry of supplication.
In the day of my trouble I call on you,
for you will answer me.


There is none like you among the gods, O Lord,
nor are there any works like yours.
All the nations you have made shall come
and bow down before you, O Lord,
and shall glorify your name.
For you are great and do wondrous things;
you alone are God.
Teach me your way, O Lord,
that I may walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart to revere your name.
I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart,
and I will glorify your name for ever.
For great is your steadfast love towards me;
you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.


If only David had Count Arthur Strong to cheer him up.

No comments: