Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Babies

I have just got back from a baby shower. Miriam is due to have her 3rd baby really soon and tonight a group of us got together at Laura's house to wish her all the best. It was a lovely evening and great to see a group of girls having a great time. In the room were at least 3 other pregnant women, as you know I am living with a pregnant woman and last week another friend of mine gave birth to a baby boy so it really is baby central round here.

I know I won't be having any more children and I always thought I would have more than one. But there you go, it didn't work out like that. I don't regret anything that has happened but sometimes it does feel a bit strange not minding. I feel like I should be more bothered. Christians seem to have loads and loads of children...

Anyway, I am plodding along with work...writing essays, a homily, a sermon and stuff. I have had a quiet day getting on with bits and bobs of work. Slowly the list gets shorter.

1 comment:

A Girl From Texas said...

For some reason, I didn't think they did showers (neither baby nor wedding)in Europe...