Wednesday, October 10, 2007

no post

I don't know about you but I am finding it odd to not have post...

I don't get very many handwritten letters (and to be honest I don't send very many) but there is always the possibility of special post isn't there? I do have some books on the way from Amazon and an insurance cover note that I could do with having - just in case. I am not missing the junk mail though.

I have just had a thought...I wonder if this is what God thinks of our prayer? What if there is was 'prayer strike'? The sign would say - 'for industrial reasons all prayer boxes will be sealed after midnight, please seek alternative means of contacting God'. What sort of prayer would God miss? The junk mail (those mail shots that are sent out to sell our ideas to God), the insurance cover prayer (to cover our lives against disaster), bank statement prayers (i.e. how much have I got left in the prayer bank to withdraw some prayer cover now), or the handwritten prayer - written in best?

Anyway, I need most of the post I get (in all its variety) and I am missing it...

2 comments:

just Gai said...

What an absolutely brilliant analogy, well worth storing away in that file marked 'ideas for sermons'. It made me think. The sad truth is that as far as my post is concerned God would not have much to miss as I am not a very good correspondent.

I was surfing the net last evening and came across one of your blogs about prayer on Re:Jesus which I found particularly helpful. It encouraged me to carry on working on it.

Thanks.

Ellen Loudon said...

thanks Gareth. Glad it was of use. You'll also find that I posted the same blog post on re;jesus yesterday (just too chocker to think of 2 blogs in one day!). Hey ho.xxx