Saturday, September 01, 2007

st claire of toxteth - text

I have been feeling quite odd this week. The usual insecurities rear their ugly head every so often but when you are feeling a bit under the weather they can be quite disarming. Anyway, I got a text from Claire - Claire's texts are always interesting - she is in Turkey and has lost her bible, she asked me to send her the text for
Phillipians 4: 4-7.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

She thought it was a passage that she needed to read but it was a passage that perhaps I needed to read too?! I have been so caught up in my PhD and in survival mode that I have forgotten to rejoice in the Lord (I am not counting my S Club worship here). So, that is what I am going to do...with the aid of some pop music I am going to give rejoicing a go!

No comments: