Wednesday, September 19, 2007

it's wednesday and it feels like friday

What a week. Starting back at college has been quite full on. I remember this time last year I was doing a block week module on John's gospel and I thought my brain was going to explode. This year I am doing Church and Media and I feel like I am all wrung out. Doing radio interviews (even if they are mocks) has been a challenge, as has being focused on being back in a group. Having spent the summer working on my own and at my own pace it has all come as a bit of a shock.

Fitting into the new routine of college, meeting all the new people and being nice to people has taken it all out of me. Then last night Benny came limping in at 10.30pm having been injured - we later found out that he had been very badly bitten - but his leg was very swollen and he couldn't walk. He was in a lot of pain so I had to take him to the emergency vet...which ended up costing £250!!!! So, today I am much poorer and sleep deprived (got in 1am and then couldn't sleep).

Anyway, I think I just need to get some sleep and chill out a bit...the lack of proper holiday is now kicking in. In all the hustle and bustle it is easy to lose sight of why I am here and where God is in all this. It would be easy to see these as my issues that I need to deal with - get sorted, get over, pull myself together. But, I am learning that it is in this ordinary stuff that I need to find God and let God be.

No comments: