Friday, September 28, 2007

pen and paper

I had a pen and paper day yesterday and really enjoyed it. No facebook, no blog, no microsoft word. I wrote with my lovely Waterman ink pen on nasty lined paper in a lecture. I scribbled a note to a friend on some bright red card and wrote 'Out of Order!' on the ladies loo in my study block with a pencil on a scrap of old paper I had retrieved from the recycle bin. Later I signed a cheque, filled in a form, underlined some stuff (with a pencil) in my Spirituality book and did some doodles in the margin.

Today I have logged back in to the virtual world and notice that while I was gone Dave Walker was short on drawings, Jonny Baker was worried about Facebook, John Davies is Bats about Batley, Phily J has a Lovely Pair of Hits, Paul Roberts was making Bara Brith and Tracey Wheeler published her diary!.

I am going to write a reflection, plan Monday's chapel worship, read a chapter of a media book and send a letter to the Times. I have 2 hours. Wake me up before you go (go).

1 comment:

John H said...

Pen and paper days sound like a good idea. I got myself a nice new fountain pen the other week, and am shocked at how rubbish my writing is these days. More practice needed, obviously.