Friday, September 14, 2007

rest and relaxation (well nearly)

The planned relaxation day didn't quite turn out as planned. Having gone into college to sort a couple of things out I got a phone call from Mark - his car had broken down and he needed me to sit and wait for the RAC man while he went off to work. So that is what I did - for a few hours I ended up watching the car being diagnosed and then towed away (it has now been scraped!!!)

Having accepted the inevitable I then went off to the Relaxation Centre for an afternoon of getting hot then cold, wet then dry, having a massage, a floatation and eating current buns. and very nice it was too. I can recommend it to anyone - particularly if you haven't had a summer holiday, been writing a PhD and find it hard to relax. I even fell asleep (twice). I now have prune hands and need moisturising a lot. A small price to pay.

I am trying to find a venue for my 40th birthday party which I will be sharing with Tom (from Trinity) - the date we need to have the party is 9th November - if anyone has any bright ideas for a venue in Bristol then please let me know.

No comments: