Monday, May 07, 2007

clumsy

I am well known for my clumsiness. I become double clumsy when tired. Yesterday I fell downstairs and have broken a toe! I hadn't really realised quite how painful it was until bedtime when I couldn't sleep. I haven't had an official diagnosis but it is red and crooked, also when I fell I heard it snap so I am guessing it is broken. hey ho.

I was very tired. Having been in Belfast all week celebrating I then spent all day Saturday in Southall. As part of a module at Trinity John Corrie had arranged for us to visit St John's Church in Southall. We then visited the Hindu Mandir, the Sikh Gurudwara, and the Masjid. We had lunch in the Gurudwara. We then went on to visit A Rocha UK.

Seeing faithful people worshiping in their communities was a privileged but I found it strange and did not find myself making any spiritual connection to their worship. I am still taking the day in. It was quite full on and I have to say I was challenged by the experience. I wasn't disturbed or unsettled just strangely unmoved. The hospitality and welcome was remarkable and the food at the Gurudwara was great. Meeting all those new people, hearing what they believe, witnessing their worship, being in their places of worship has left me exhausted. hence my little accident.

It is difficult to reflect on it. A wedding in Belfast, a full on day in Southall and a little service in Foundation. I have to say I was so in need to a the Foundation little service last night. Time to reflect and meditate.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your toe is feeling better today.

Should you perhaps go to someone medical?

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear about your toe Ellen, Hannah broke her's few months ago-and we didn't get it checked for 2 weeks ( guilt!). She'll never be able to wear a sandal! Karma for spitting? xx suzy

Ellen Loudon said...

I might go to the dr tomorrow - if it is still hurting. But my mum said there is nothing that can be done and it doesn't make any odds if it is broken or not. But if it really hurts I guess I should seek mediacl help.

John H said...

Please go to the doctor.

Simon said...

Sounds nasty! Hope it improves quickly.