Friday, May 04, 2007

bristol

We are back. I had meant to blog about the wedding yesterday but I have a sore head and couldn't make my fingers type. I did try but to be honest it was a bit pathetic.

What a fantastic day we had. The morning was spent getting everyone ready and keeping flower girls still (they looked great but it was tricky making them sit and wait for the wedding to start - so giddy!). Emma looked so lovely. She is beautiful. Angela and Richard were so proud of her and Stephen. Belfast Castle is a great place for a wedding. It is on a hill so we got to kick back and watch the city and the Lough as it slowly starts to drift into night. But all afternoon the sun shone and we were able to be outside and enjoy ourselves. Richard and his band (Banter) played out on the lawn and the kids ran about until the photos needed to be taken (I will post some as soon as I have a chance to sort them out). Then we went inside for speeches and dinner. Both were great. We sat with Richard's sister Gwyneth and her husband Brian, Lynn and Brian, Maggie and Connor. Eva loved sitting next to Gwyneth who kept her entertained all thought the meal. Roast beef Yorkshire puds, all the veg you could eat, followed by a trio of lovely little sweet things.

Then we cleared the room, drank and chatted in the bar till the room was set up for dancing - and that is what we did for the rest of the night. Danced, went out on the balcony and watched the sun go down (and the big moon come up). The children kept going until the end, which is fantastic for a wedding. No tears (except poor Jack who caught is fingers in a door) and no bust ups.

We all had a fantastic day. And apart from Stephen coming down with a cold I think he and Emma really loved it. They looked like they did.

Mark, Eva, Joe Harriet and I got back into Bristol last night at 10pm. I was in bed by 11pm. But I am still really tired. I was there in body this morning at pastoral group prayers but part of me is definitely still in Belfast.

1 comment:

John H said...

Sounds like fantastic weekend. Hope you've gojit yourself nicely rested now.