Saturday, March 31, 2007

mission 2

Mark and Eva have gone to Belfast. Eva is being fitted for her bridesmaid dress (flower girl dress really but for Eva's sake we tell her she is going to be a Bridesmaid) . I am not in Belfast - I am off on the college mission to Hardwicke tomorrow so wasn't able to go!

I have posted on this mission already and it raised a few questions - both on the blog and in the pub! I have to say I am quite nervous about going into a rural parish and speaking not only about my faith but also about the Church of England and my calling to ministry. But I guess that is what I am being trained for. I am also going to miss Mark and Eva - I hadn't really factored the missing them in to all of this. It has just hit me that it is holy week and I won't be here. Again, I guess this is something I am going to have to get used to.

Anyway, this is a brief outline of what we are going to be doing:

Palm Sunday - Parish Eucharist with Palm Procession at Hardwicke (Common Worship) 11.00am

Holy Monday April 2nd
Morning of school work, school assembly, residential home service at 2.30pm,
and door to door visitations in the evening.

Holy Tuesday April 3rd
Our Parish Passover at 7pm.
Morning of school work, school assembly, community service, afternoon coffee meetings,
door to door visitations in the evening.

Holy Wednesday April 4th
Midweek Eucharist at 9am
Sheltered Accomodation Service at 10.30am,
Lent Lunch Meeting 12noon - 2pm, Afternoon Coffee Meeting 2.30pm,
and door to door visitations in the evening.

Maundy Thursday April 5th
Agape Meal at Hardwicke Church at 7pm.

Good Friday April 6th
Good Friday Children's Workshop 10.00 - 12.30pm
At Hardwicke School
Good Friday Service at Elmore Church 12 noon.
"The Last Hour" Service at Hardwicke Church 2.00 - 3.00pm

Holy Saturday - Easter Eve April 7th
The Paschal Liturgy at Hardwicke Church 8.00pm


Easter Sunday

Easter Eucharist at Elmore(BCP) 8.00am
Parish Eucharist at Longney (Common Worship) 9.30am
Parish Eucharist at Hardwicke (Common Worship) 11.00am
Easter Family Celebration Service at Hardwicke 4.00pm
With the Trinity College Team



So, for those of you who are of the praying kind I would appreciate your prayers this week - for me, the team and the parish. Ta. xxx

1 comment:

John H said...

I'm not sure that wishing you luck is theologically appropriate, but I'm going to do it anyway. Will try to pray too. Meanwhile I haven't forgotten your proposal for further discussion on emerging missional forms, and am waiting with bated breath...