Sunday, July 15, 2007

sunburnt

I must start this post with a correction - my last blog on hymn singing at Greenbelt requires alteration. The Big Sing will take place on Sunday 26 August at 2.30pm at The Arena. Thanks to Gayle for pointing this out - Just shows I wasn't paying attention!

I am going to be working at Greenbelt as part of the venue managing team in New Forms, worship/cafe. My shifts do allow me to take part in the Foundation worship session, which is due to take place on Fri evening, Billy Bragg - also on Friday and the Big Sing on Sunday. Obviously this is not all I want to do at Greenbelt, but it is a start!


Yesterday Mark, Eva, Elise and I went to the Gower Peninsular with Foundation friends. It didn't start off promising to be a good weather day - raining and very winy as we left Bristol. Nearly 100miles later the sun was out and the whole world looked very different. We made our way to the beach at Rhossili Bay, the others got wet suits and body boards and off we went to find a spot on the beach. It was beautiful. Really beautiful. I, of course, didn't go anywhere near the water but sat quite happily in the England beach chair watching and being pass remarkable. Anyway, despite the wind and the clouds I still seem to have got really quite sunburnt. Also, because I was too cold to take my t shirt off I have shirt marks - typically English suntan will emerge. My forehead (which is very large and always catches the sun) is red and shiny. A lovely look for summer. Hey ho.

Today I am resting (sunstroke and the drive have taken it all out of me). I am leading the little service tonight with a meditation on Ephesians 3: 14-21 so have some preparation for that to do. So, a quiet day with blips of spiritual insight (I hope).

No comments: