Monday, July 23, 2007

i don't like carrying things

I am back from Liverpool. It was an eventful weekend. Also, very encouraging. It was great to get back and be reminded about what I am being trained for. Sometimes I feel a bit disconnected from the bigger picture. It is easy to get caught up in things in Bristol and lose touch with what I am here for. Anyway, meeting new people and catching up with old friends helped to reconnect with the vision.

The weekend wasn't without it's dramas. Andrea was off to Malawi with Sahir House and I wanted to spend some time with her before she went. We had a lovely time just chatting and chilling as well as getting ready for her to go. I couldn't believe it when she called to tell me she hadn't got on the plane...her passport had gone missing. 24hrs later it was found in her parents porch! Thankfully the airline was good enough to honour her original ticket and put her on standby for another flight out. I haven't heard from her so I am assuming she has got there.

I went into town on Saturday to meet Phil J but it was raining so much and Eva was distracted so our browsing was limited and it was only a brief meeting. It doesn't feel like nearly a year since we last spent time together but it really is that long. I hope he will come down sometime in the summer. The spell in town made me realise how much I hate carrying things. Walking up Bold Street with bags of Eva's stuff made me fell weak and feeble. I hate the heaviness of carrying things. I hate the plastic handles on bags. I get very grumpy if I have to carry stuff - even a handbag! I have had to carry a lot of stuff this weekend. We moved from Andrea's to Claire's and I had to carry stuff in and out and up and down. I also had to carry Eva's stuff to Maddie's. I am really moaning about carrying aren't I?!

Anyway, it was a good meeting with Sara re: my PhD. Though loads of work to do. Also good to speak to David about plans for the future. Seeing Claire in her new house was great. Really good place to live and she is very happy and sorted there. We also got to have afternoon tea with Andy Del and bumped into Bob and Sue in town. Obviously, due to being so pushed for time didn't get to see everyone but think we will be up again very soon so perhaps catch up with more people then.

It is Eva's birthday today and after unwrapping even more presents Mark has taken her to my mum's for a few days so we can work. I miss her already. Really miss her. The quicker I get this writing done the quicker we can have a holiday.

2 comments:

St. Claire of Toxteth said...

You are possibly the biggest moaner i know!! we all have to carry things queen ellen so get over it!!!!!!!! it's not the end of the world. Lazy...........

Ellen Loudon said...

why are you so mean to me? All I do is give you love - irrespective of your cheek. I am crying now...the tears are filling up the gaps between my laptop keys. I hope you are happy? xxx