Saturday, July 28, 2007

eva back, elise away



This picture was taken on a recent trip to Weston-super-mare (it was sunny and windy at the same time).




Because I have this PhD to write my mum has kindly agreed to have Eva most weeks this summer so I can get on with writing. I am trying hard to keep weekdays as flexible workdays - there are three sessions in a day (morning, afternoon, evening) I am allowed one session off a day to do something else. So far I have been quite disciplined though to be honest I am finding that I am working late most evenings - this seems to be my most creative time. Eva is back for the weekend. She has gone out to play on her scooter with her friend Shinola who lives across the road.

It is really odd not having Eva about in the week - I don't like it. But I know her being with my mum is far better that a holiday club or childcare (not that we could afford it). I just hope that this PhD makes sense soon. I have to keep telling myself that it will be worth all this effort.

Elise is in Liverpool, she is going to see the Arctic Monkeys at Lancashire's Old Trafford cricket ground tonight. Loads of Liverpool friends are going. I have a little pang of jealousy about it. But, it is only a little pang. I would rather be here with Eva and Mark. There is too much going on anyway for me to feel comfortable with going off to a giant gig (I am getting old!!!!) this weekend.

Well, Eva, Mark and I are all off camping next week. I need a bit of time away from this laptop and music hall. Elise, who has to work, is in charge at home. I will blog about it before we go. Today I am collecting and buying assorted camping stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of positive Phd vibes heading your way. It was looking very good last time I saw it.

The chances of me managing to post this comment is slim - all the blogger instructions are in foreign.