Thursday, July 05, 2007

elise's birthday



Look at these two lovely girls.









I have been feeling really exhausted this week and have found it hard to muster up energy for anything. But, it is Elise's 21st birthday today and I have to be on it. It is interesting that such occasions take on an energy of their own. Like a whirlwind - as you get sucked in you forget that you have a will. I have been making mistakes which is always a sign of being tired and/or slightly out of control:
I have forgotten to book babysitters for Sat and next Wed
I left the headlights on and the battery went - now I can't get the radio to work because my mum can't remember the code
I didn't put washing power in the washing machine and had to do the whole thing again
I have forgotten to get the stitches taken out from my wound - now it is going to be more painful and irritating - going tomorrow to see the nurse!


So, after Elise's birthday I am going to try to get some rest, some time to myself and generally not get so caught up in it all.

Tonight we are off to La Tasca for a meal and I think Elise and Claire are off into town. I can assure you I am going home for an early night. Stitches out tomorrow!!!!

No comments: