Sunday, July 08, 2007

something good

Last night was Tracey Wheeler's 40th birthday party - we had a great time round the Wheeler's - so thanks to them. Eva was very impressed by their Wii...and wants one for her birthday! Yeah, like that is going to happen. Anyway, during one of the conversations that was had around the table in the garden (yes it was a fine evening and we were able to sit outside) was about research. I had to admit that I had done a musicology project on Kate Bush's Cloudbusting for my MA (in Popular Music Studies). Thanks to Prof Philip Tagg the project made some sense of the music and lyrics. It was during this project that I met Phil Jackson who helped do a special thing on the computer which illustrated the various sounds on a graph. It was a work of genius (Phil's graph not my musicology project!). Anyway, to commemorate this event I will post two videos...

Kate Bush - Cloudbusting



Utah Saints - something good

No comments: