Saturday, February 17, 2007

dirty washing

cartoon from www.weblogcartoons.com

Cartoon by Dave Walker. Find more cartoons you can freely re-use on your blog at We Blog Cartoons.




Today Eva and I have had to do a lot of washing at the laundrette.

The washing machine has been written off and the new one won't arrive until next Sunday. I am sick as a dog about the whole thing.

The only good thing about going to the laundrette is meeting people. Today I spent ages helping a woman to negotiate the complexities of the coin operated machine washing system. I showed her three times how to do it, but in the end she asked me to do it for her. I chatted to a woman about the pros and cons of ironing (it is my opinion that there are no pros, she however presented a strong case in defence of ironing and even recommend some good equipment). I also sat chatting to a woman who, despite the fact she smelt of wee, was doing a lot of washing. She was very friendly and knew a great deal about small change. It took ages to get everything dry and Eva and I spent our time watching my stripey knickers go round and round the dryer. Hey ho!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

LOL, I hate ironing too! But it definitely has its place as part of construction when you are sewing clothes. Otherwise it's weddings, funerals and interviews. ;-) Oh, and if you're selling vintage clothes on eBay. :-D

Best wishes from Aigburth... Just found your blog today from the Liverpool Bloggs site.