Friday, October 13, 2006

A Mouse in my Handbag

As you know we have a cat called Benny. He is a ginger tom. He loves his new house and the garden and is partcularly impressed by all the mice that he obviously thinks I have put out in the woods for him to play with. If only he would just play with them. He catches them, tortures them, then bites off their heads. He leaves their little bodies out for us - mainly in the hall. I hate the dead mice and Mark has to sort out them out...Well, this morning when I got into college I fumbled in my bag to find my phone and there was a mouse in there. I wasn't very brave and had to ask a fellow ordinand to help me as I can not bear the stiffness of the little bodies and the horrid long tails. I am so weak and feeble. I will remember to hang my bag up on te banisters from now on.

2 comments:

St. Claire of Toxteth said...

I would of died. There definetly would of been tears. The only think worse would of been a rat in my bag. Was it your lovely black leather bag too? i honestly would of freaked. It making me feel ill thinking about it. it horrid. Am so sorry that happened to you. x

Ellen Loudon said...

yes it was my lovely black bag. Charity thinks I should get a new bag. But I have been praying about it and I think I have delivered the bag of the spirit of the dead mouse. It has been a very difficult couple of days though. I must admit that my feelings toward the bag have changed. Hey ho