Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fish Poisoning




I accidently ate fish last night and swelled up...it was very unpleasant. I had a swollen tongue and face and couldn't get my rings off my fingers. I had to take quite a lot of antihistimines this morning to get it under control. The evening started so well. Ian had come to Bristol because he is touring with Orson and he wanted to go swimming with Eva. So, having spent the day with us he went back to the Carling Accademy and mark and I decided to go out for dinner then go on to see the band later. Having had a minor disagreement about where to eat (we wanted to go to Wagamama but it was full to birsting) so we settled on a Chinese noodle bar on Park Street. I had satay chicken but it tasted very oyster saucey. I ate it just the same. But felt quite ill. I soldiered on (drank a few pints of Guinness) and having left the gig early (it wasn't really that good) went to a pub and chatted to Ian for a while then came home. When I woke up this morning I had ballooned and was very sick.

What a terrible story!

That apart...we had a great day and it was ace to see Ian. Who was sporting a lovely new tattoo (and I don't really like tattoos) but this one - pictured above - is particularly fine.

Mark is off to Liverpool tomorrow. St Claire of Toxteth is here now and my Mum is coming to look after Eva while Mark is away and I am at college next week. So, it is all go at Loudon Bristol HQ.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no - you really don't want to be swelling up. Hope you're feling better now.

John H said...

I'm not the only person in the world who swells up if they eat fish after all then...

meretrician said...

You should have seen her. It was as if someone had inserted a bicycle pump and pumped her up slightly. I was previously sceptical about the whole fish allergy fuss but now I have seen it.

Ellen Loudon said...

...see I told you. He never believed me. Now he has seen it with his own eyes. It was a terrible day!