Saturday, October 28, 2006

Mark has gone to Liverpool

Mark went yesterday and we all miss him. Before he left we had just took delivery of our long awaited Marks and Spencer beds. One double for the spare room and a king size for our bedroom. We have been sleeping on the floor since our arrival in Bristol so the new beds have caused quite a stir. It is amazing: Being off the floor, being comfortable and having new pillows and duvet was the final luxury. Anyway, Mark had to leave this bissful scene to go to Liverpool on his own.

I wanted to go too but thankfully the new bed has made me pleased to be here is Bristol. Bristol is one of the wettest cities I have ever lived in. Mark seems to think this is just an 'unusually wet year' - even if it is I am so fed up with it. It is spoiling my adventure. I wanted southern blue skies and warmth. Not the endless patter of west country raindrops. The rain makes it tricky to stick my hair up and my feet get wet. I know the ducks and farmers like it but I don't.

Anyway, Mark has gone to Liverpool to take photographs of the Liverpool Lantern CO Halloween Parade which I am also sad to be missing. It is a bit of weekend of disappointment really. Good job I have a new bed to retreat to.

I have been writing a chapter for a book about Liverpool popular history all week. My chapter is about music hall (surprise surprise). A new draft is all done and I am trying to send it in an email. But the system can't deal with it and it keeps being sent back. My CD-R burner is knackered so I can't even burn it and send it off. I haven't had be best week really. So much for a relaxing half-term. I might just go back to bed and read my Billy Bragg book.

5 comments:

meretrician said...

It's true I am here in God's own city. Liverpool is happening, I take back everything I previously might have said that was critical of her. ( I said it quietly of course, I want to live.)

Ellen Loudon said...

My very own meretrician. I miss you so. The bed's too big without you (and St Claire is in the spare one, my mum is in the twin room and Eva has gone back to her own room!). There is no room at the inn. Love you so. Glad you have fallen in love with the Pool all over again. And Liverpool FC won today and Georgie was knocked out of Strictly Come Dancing...so all is right wit the world. xxxx

John H said...

You'll have to tell us what you think of the Billy Bragg book.

Ellen Loudon said...

certainly will John...just one chapter to go - watch this space. he will deserve a whole blog posting of his own. Cos he the man!

the world according to custard said...

It says on my fridge "why does it always rain on me" and somebody answered "cuz its bristol" I have to agree, I have commented many times on the fact that it always seems to rain. However, now it is dry and freezing, which I think is much better!!!! Emma