Wednesday, April 11, 2007

nuns

Phil Jackson reminded me to watch The Sound of Music on Monday - by featuring this trailer on his blog. As the master says...'pure genius'



I have also been enjoying other musicals - we have listened to Show Boat on vinyl and Carly Simon chose her favourite songs for Elaine Paige's Sunday Show on Radio 2 - which was a real treat. I have to say Elaine can be a bit irritating. But it warms your heart to have this many musicals in 90mins. Carly Simon was a welcome break - and she chose some great toons. I have had to listen to the playback because I was running about in Hardwicke. I am listening to it as I write.

Today has been a day of cleaning and sorting. I have been to the dump, I had to go to the post office to get a parcel that needed £1.52 to pay on it - I won't say who failed to put stamps on their Easter parcel - you know who you are. My hands are sore from cleaning and I came out in a nasty rash from carrying fir tree branches to the dump. I tell you it is tricky being me sometimes.

I had to miss the last episode of Life on Mars last night because Mark was taking Susie, Gus and Hannah to the airport. We are going to watch it together tonight. It has been hard to maintain media blackout on this as it has been all over the place today. I have managed it though so please don't give it away until after 10pm tonight.

1 comment:

St. Claire of Toxteth said...

Am leezle am 16 and i don't need a governess!!! best movie quote in the world ever. To be done whilst taking a march like step forward. Praise God for Julie Andrew films!! xxxx