Tuesday, April 10, 2007

dutch gothic rock


We are having a nice time with Susie, Gus and Hannah. Today we have been into town - got CD's and window shopped. We had lunch at the Clifton Sausage which was nice enough but the chips were a bit hard and soggy - which is a shame because the service was great. hey ho.

Ian Evans is in town. He is touring with Dutch Gothic Rock band Within Temptation. Eva and I went down to the Academy to see Ian this afternoon and there were a lot of Goths outside. Eva found them a bit unnerving. To be honest I could quite happily be a Goth - I prefer a more punk look but there is something about their complete lack of vanity that appeals to me. I am not sure about the music though. Sometimes I like the camp drama of Goth music - but it is also just a bit pretentious.

If you take a look a this particular band they seem a little unapproachable - I think I might find their company a bit tiring after a while. perhaps they wear sweat pants and slob about at weekends. Who knows? Anyway, I might go along tonight to find out what all the fuss is about.

No comments: