Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dream Lectio

Dream Lectio is back - having had a break over Easter. Back with a tricky apocalyptic bit from Matthew 24:15-22.

To be honest I am finding it hard to meditate on anything at the moment. The trouble with writing a PhD is that it gets into your head and doesn't leave very much room for anything else. All I can think about is how to explain my pedagogical approach to popular performance (the chapter I am working on at the moment). Yesterday I had a serious purge of this chapter (pulling 6,000 words out and placing them as appendices). Then went on to write a further 3,000. I was shattered by the end of the day (stopped at 10pm) and still didn't feel like I had achieved what I wanted. I am being a bit tough on myself at the moment. Perhaps it is the only way to keep going.

I am sure I will look back on this time and it will be a blur - even if this PhD isn't a success at least I will have known that I really pushed myself to make sense of it. Could do with another holiday though. Hey ho.

No comments: