Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Schism

cartoon from www.weblogcartoons.com

Cartoon by Dave Walker. Find more cartoons you can freely re-use on your blog at We Blog Cartoons.




if you have been following the 'debates' on the evangelical covenant on Paul Roberts blog and perhaps seen Dave Walker's previous cartoons on the issue this will make more sense.

Anglican Mainstream issued a further statement yesterday. Only one woman signed up. What a surprise. What a fantastic Christmas pressie for the Baby Jesus. Just what he wanted - a load of Anglicans fighting.

3 comments:

Simon said...

Not had time to read all the stuff on this yet because of essays etc. But I agree with you that it has been particularly badly timed! As an 'open' evangelical, I would be the first to say that I have been influenced for the good by some of the people and groups that have signed up to this so called covenant and have deep respect for them. However I do want to distance myself from and question a lot of what the 'covenant' is saying and asking for, and I worry about this fracturing and disunity of the CofE. What are 'us ordinands' letting ourselves in for?!

Ellen Loudon said...

You're right Simon...I think we should leave the grown-ups to fight in the other room and have a little party of our own.

Simon said...

I'm there!