Wednesday, December 13, 2006

laptop water water laptop



There has been an accident.

I reached for my bible - which was on a shelf above to the right of my desk at college. My bible was the biggest book on the shelf and as such was propping the whole lot up. Like dominoes the books fell one by one finally knocking the glass of water off the end...and onto my laptop. I did not move quickly enough to pull out the power lead. I heard a nasty fizz, then smelt a terrible smell of burnt plastic and wet electricity. I feared the worst. My worst fears were true. The whole thing had gone up in smoke along with a 1,500 word essay on global Christianity which I had not backed up for 3 days!

hey ho!

I may well have found a way out of this mess...but tonight I will sleep for tomorrow is another day.

7 comments:

Simon said...

Nightmare! Hope you manage to recover stuff ok.

St. Claire of Toxteth said...

Sympathy to you. I remember when i was at uni and was sick all over my laptop and lost my work, it is horrible. R.I.P Toshiba notepad

Ellen Loudon said...

Yes I remember this incident. I think I had to give you an extension for some work. Those were the days...aye!

St. Claire of Toxteth said...

I think you suggested i repeated the year! i did get extensions and a whole heap of more stress thrown in. Am so glad those days are over!

John H said...

So there *is* a downside to having a really big bible then? ;)

Anonymous said...

I think it shows the dangers involved in careless reading of the Bible - much greater disasters and bloodshed have also been caused by this!

Ellen Loudon said...

It was my NIV study bible - with ribbons - that did it! Not my BIG bible. I was trying to look up the word 'mission'. Let that be a lesson for us all!