Sunday, December 10, 2006

On being ill



I have been ill...'womens problems'. It has meant that I haven't been to college and although I am feeling a lot better I am taking quite a lot of painkillers so I am a bit dopey. Hey ho. I thought I was in the clear because, although I spent 2 weeks in the summer in Liverpool women's hospital, I haven't had a symptoms since we moved to Bristol. Anyway, I am going to have a load more tests including a Laparoscopy to see what is going on. Until then I will have some painkillers and try to remember not to overdo things.

Sometimes being ill is a wake up call, a time to take stock. Virginia Woolf referred to illness as "the great confessional". The place where your weakness is exposed and decisions have to be made. It makes you look differently at the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed you last night at the LS.

Sorry to hear you're not well :(

Hope you get well soon and that the illness experience brings you insights of a life-giving kind!

Ellen Loudon said...

thanks anna...feeling loads better. Back at college trying to write an essay! Hey ho. xxx

John H said...

Take it easy, ok?