Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Crashed the car

We have had a great Christmas. Visitors = Joe, Elise, Harriet (Joe's girlfriend), Celia (my Mum), Paul (Mark's old friend from Belfast), Andy Del, Annabel (with unborn child - 1 week late), Rupert and Walter. So, it has been very busy. We have nearly eaten all the food and the young people have done a good job of polishing off the booze. A few Christmas arguments.

But, I have managed to CRASH THE CAR! So, this is the 2nd very important material object that I have managed to break in the last 4 weeks (the laptop being the other one). I was going very slowly up to a junction having come off the motorway on the way to Bath. Having got 5 foot away from the car in front my foot slipped off the brake and onto the accelerator. So, I lurched into the BMW ahead of me. No damage to the BMW but I was in the Peugeot 205 my mum had given to me which seems to be mostly made of plastic. So, it crumpled. I was gutted. Elise, Eva and I were ok (though our necks are a bit sore and Elise has the mark of the seat belt on her chest).

I can't actually believe that I could be so foolish. How did I manage to let my foot slip? It is a mystery. Anyway, the damage is quite bad really - mainly because the car is made of plastic. So much of it needs to be relaced. Even a crash at 5mph can cause considerable damage when you hit a BMW. So, it goes into the garage tomorrow - we will know better the prognosis then.

Hey ho. I am knacked now and a bit sore and feeling very foolish. Early night!

7 comments:

Simon said...

Sorry to hear about your prang Ellen, hope that you guys all recover quickly.

Ellen Loudon said...

thanks simon...xxx

Stephen Donnan said...

I for one am very happy to appear at Court as a witness to your excellent and safe driving skills.

Your driving from Donegal to Belfast was the best I've ever experienced; not once was I nervous or anxious or pretending to pump the brake in a psychic attempt to get you to slow down.

I thank you for that - I now believe that some drivers are actually sensible.

Ellen Loudon said...

Ste - do you have your eyes closed in this picture!? Thanks for your comments here...believe me I need my confidence bulding up just now. Had enough of feeling crap! xxx

Ellen Loudon said...

apparently the BMW was a Volvo (not that makes a lot of difference) I am sticking to my story.

Kim Hunter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Hunter said...

Whoa! That was such a weird experience, Dana. You could've been in a major accident in a span of a 30-second drive. I'm glad that you managed to take control of the wheel in a quick response, though. I wonder what caused your out-of-body experience? I hope it doesn't happen again, no matter how interesting it might seem. Take care! :)

Kim Hunter