Friday, January 04, 2008

sicky

I hope I haven't got norovirus! I know I am prone to being a bit dramatic about illness but I feel quite sick. According to the BBC "Doctors estimate that more than 100,000 people a week are catching the bug." Though to be honest I haven't been sick so it is more likely that I am still recovering from Christmas food overdose.

Anyway, we are off to Virginia Water in an hour or so. I might not be able to get to a 'puter for a few days so I will let you know how the 70th birthday celebrations went when I get back.

1 comment:

Tracey Wheeler said...

Don't panic. If you've got time to think 'I feel a bit sick. Perhaps I ought to get a bucket, just to be on the safe side', it isn't norovirus. With noro you've got about as much time as it takes to think, 'I think I feel...' before everything comes out into the open. And it's spread by droplet infection - i.e. you inhale the bug in the spittle of the person being sick next to you, hence the problem in hospitals where no-one can avoid the next sick person. Or else the faecal-oral route, but I won't go into that at tea-time.
And a Happy New Year to you, too!