Thursday, January 03, 2008

decorations

I have taken the decorations down - with the help of Elise and Amy we sorted everything out and have returned the tree and Christmas box to the attic. I was supposed to be working on my essay on Romans but having spent the morning reading I lost heart and really wanted to sort some stuff out. I had a long list of the this week:
- get my brother and girlfriend a Christmas pressie
- get my mum's birthday pressie sorted (it is a digital picture frame)
- get a new kettle (the old one is manky and boils very slowly)
- clean the car (done the outside but need to hoover inside)
- recycle (plastic bottles - 2 bin bags full, old toaster)
- fill in forms for Eva's new school
- make my mums birthday cake (I have made Nigella's Guinness cake, yum yum)
- sort out insurance for the washing machine
- decorations down
- read for Romans essay

Anyway, all of this is done. Except the reading isn't complete. I am really not in the mood for reading at all. I think I won't be settled until we get back from my Mum's 70th birthday party - which is on Saturday. We leave for Virginia Water tomorrow straight after school. Elise and Amy are in charge at Loudon Bristol HQ. There are a few pizzas in the freezer to keep them going.

I am feeling a bit sicky. Got a poorly belly. I hope this is sorted by tomorrow as we have a weekend of celebrations to get through. My brother has ordered a pink limo for my Mum on Saturday and we're off to a posh restaurant for lunch etc. Eva and my Mum are very excited. I am hoping Mark is going to cope with all the fuss and having to stay in the strange flat at my Mum's apartment block (we have to stay in a flat - which we call the shed - which only has 2 single beds and a shower room in it. There is no TV and it is usually very cold). I am almost out of celebration fizz and really could do with being a bit more settled in order to do some work. but hey ho...it's not often your mother turns 70! I am sure we will have a great time.

No comments: