Monday, September 25, 2006

Tummy bug!

It has been an eventful week at Loudon Bristol HQ. I started my new course - which was intensive and exhausting. I knew it would be a change of pace but hadn't really accounted for the fact that it would be so full on. I was challenged spiritually, mentally and emotionally last week. I have been used to a cold and sterile learning environment where although opinion is valid one is always seeking an objective 'truth'. It has been hard to adapt to a more subjective reality, adding a spiritual dimension to learning is just a bit freaky at the moment. I am sure I will get the hang of it but even praying before lecturers has been a challenge. Getting up for chapel hasn't been as tricky as I thought it would be but letting chapel thoughts spill out into all college activities has been hard. I didn't realise how much I compartmentalised my life. I really thought I had done a good job de-secularising things – making all things holy. How wrong I was it seems that learning was one thing (at least) that had been set aside. Hey ho.
To add to my exhaustion I have had a nasty tummy bug since Thursday night. Friday was a real struggle and I have been in bed most of the weekend. Freshers tummy bug. At least the food bill has been low (though I have used a lot of loo paper!)

In other news: Mark and Joe have been making a dark room in the big shed - which has kept them busy most of the weekend. Eva went to a school friend’s birthday party on Saturday. We all went to Cotham Church on Sunday morning. We have decided to join the electoral register and stay at Cotham whilst we are here so that Eva has the stability of a home church (she went to junior church and was ok). We are also committing to joining Foundation – which has been ace for Mark and I. So, we are sorted.

No comments: