Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Eva Starts School, I write a PhD and Mark cleans the house


Well, at least the first statement is true! Eva started her new school today at 'Our Lady of the Rosary'! You can click on the link on the side of here to view their webpage. God Bless them! It is great actually, and I am sure she will have a fab time.

I have had a minor breakthrough with the writing. Found a way to explain why I am writing a PhD on music hall - which might have been best to have worked out 5 years ago. Hey ho! better late than never.

I also have been trying to learn biblical Greek. Which for a dyslexic who has a fear of languages is an interesting experience. I will have to take an exam in it sometime next year so thought I would see just how tricky it is. Well, I can assure you I will not do very well in this exam (might it be ok if somene else sits it for me - my stunt double for instance? She is a lovely girl!).

You might also want to take a look at the popjustice website (if you haven't already) as there are some great things to enjoy here (esp the OKGO videos).

OK now I shall return to the world of Music Hall where everything is funny, full of pathos and directed straight to the audience.
xxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ellen - great that we can follow your life! Enjoy Bristol - I liked living there - it is a beautiful city although maybe a bit quiet compared to Liverpool. I did my own sort of blog as a local councillor and when I stood for parliament (www.simon-wright.info) but am enjoying being liberated from politics at the moment. Am starting new job sort of based between London and Brussels.
Simon Wright

Ellen Loudon said...

Simon Wright you get up very early to read your emails and blog! It is great to hear from you. I am glad you are enjoying your break from politics - though really, no matter where you are polictics is everywhere (like the holy spirit)! I am writing about Ladies Present at the moment - in an unusual twist to my PhD studies I remembered that this was a crucial factor in my attraction to music hall/popular performance - its creative possibilities and its political applications. Happy Days!
love you as always...

Anonymous said...

PhD in Music Hall - 'Where's Me Washboard'?